Monday, March 22, 2010

Pre-blog writings... Fay-It-Forward, Christmas 2009

“Paying It Forward” Christmas 2009
Story number one:
Celeste… I went to Walgreens to get Braya medicine. I was asked by a man if he could clean my windows on my CLEAN car… I said yes. I was asked to buy tamales… I said yes. Paid the family for tamales as the little kids hugged my legs… gave the man that cleaned my window a $20 and he dropped to his knees crying. I CRIED all the way home!
Celeste... I've done nothing different then them...Just been blessed, I guess! It breaks my heart!
Teri… God has blessed you, because he knows you have a giving heart & that is a blessing for ALL of US who are in need of your generosity.... THANK YOU (both) for your giving. kind hearts …My two Sisters give sooo heart felt & generously... I am so proud AND grateful !
Cindy (MacWhinney)… Blessings will be yours for your generosity. Your gifts may have been the turning point in their lives. You never know. Your unconditional, non-judgmental gift will be with them forever. This might have been their mustard seed, growing more blessings to come.

Story number two:
Teri… I have a friend from high school (& we all know how long ago that is... eek) Who I usually only see once a year at our annual family Christmas Eve party. She drove all the way out to my home, which is "pack a lunch travel" from any part of town. I was shocked to see her at my doorstep to say the least. I ask what she was doing here, & she said delivering you your Christmas card. I chuckle & reminded her that they have post office for that you know & $.44 is cheaper then gas ;o) She said I don't trust the post office... chuckle chuckle... & she dashed off. I opened the card & this is what it read: "Teri, it wasn't too long ago that I was a single mother w/o a job at Christmas. It was depressing. I hope this helps just a little bit." The card also had some money (too much) in it. ...I haven't stopped crying since I got it. I feel like that man that Cess paid to clean her clean car's window... with all of my heart THANK YOU, Robin... words can not describe how grateful & touched I am…
Robin… Your welcome sweetie. I was just paying it forward and hoping someday you will be in a position to do the same.
Robin… Teri did as much for me as i did for her. : ) Trust me, i'm no angel but i am awfully glad i could help. Sure wish it could have been more.
Elizabeth…Today, I will Pay it forward thanks for reminding me!!! Robin and Teri
Teri… I always saw myself on the "paying it forward" sided... didn't really ever expect to have to be on the receiving side of it... It is a difficult side to be on very humbling as well
Patty… Wow my eyes are filled with water & my heart is full of emotion. That is teuly what christmas is all about.

Story number three:
(which actually sparked story #2)
Robin… Now, let me tell you a little Christmas story. It was December 2004 and I was separated from David, I had lost my job, & had no child support or unemployment coming in. Zero income. I was so depressed it was hard to get out of bed. I had no idea how i was going to pay my rent or utilities much less think about Christmas for Sean. One Saturday night... I got down on my knees and prayed and asked to please, please help me. Then I went to bed. A little while later, Sean woke me up and said that some guy had dropped us off an envelope. I looked inside and there was $500. I was shocked. I knew it had to be Sean's big brothers at the church. It still wasn't enough for rent but I was still so happy. The next morning we went to church to thank them. After church as we were leaving one of the big brothers ran out to my car and said God says you don't have enough. He handed me a couple of more $100. It was enough to cover my rent. I cried all the way home. My Mom ended up paying my PG&E and a friend paid my phone bill. Later that week the landlady came up to me and said somebody had given her an envelope for me. I opened it and it was $50. I took that money and bought Sean a few gifts for Christmas. The next month I got a job, a few months later David and i got back together and my life is totally blessed now. The one positive thing about that time of my life is I can now truly appreciate all that I have because I have totally been without. I know soon this part of your life will be behind you and good things will be in store for you too.

Story numbers four and five:
Vicki’s mom called around and found an organization that helps families at Christmas and told them my story. They brought over some gifts for Landyn and $50 cash for me for food.
Anonymous family (who don’t want to be named I will respect that)… They also gave me money for Landyn, plus they did the same thing for another family member family that is also struggling. I insisted that it wasn’t necessary. Landyn totally understood when I told him I was going to be able to get him any gifts. He said, “Mom, don’t worry about it… REALLY, it’s ok !” … and gave me a hug. I was heartbroken and very proud at the same time. So, again, I told them it was ok give the money to the other family, because Landyn was getting some gifts already because of Robin’s generosity. Well, they wouldn’t take “NO” for answer. So, of course, there were more tears (which really doesn’t take much for me)


I know some of you may have seen SOME of this on Facebook, but there a few reasons why I have decided to share this with all of you…
First of all, I would like to thank all of you again... to ALL of my family and friends for your support you have given to me with your kindness, generosity, love and shoulders to cry on ALWAYs, but especially these past three years… and for still picking up your phone even when you have caller ID ::wink wink:: “THANK YOU” …two words that rarely do justice !
Another reason, I am sharing this is because, as most of you know, this is my THIRD Christmas in a row that I have been unemployed. The beginning of this Christmas season, along with everything else, had taken its toll on me, BUT through this Christmas season, I have been given a ray light. And, I wanted show and remind everyone, me included, that there is still so much good in this world… so much love being given in many ways. I wanted to remind everyone that “paying it forward” is monumental no matter how big or how small… from help a depressed friend or family member clean their home, passing out food to the homeless, give someone $20 for a job that was already done…. to giving a family a better Christmas in whatever way was possible. As my Aunt Cindy said… you never know how you have changed someone’s life. “Paying it forward” ISN’T about the monetary giving… it’s about just plain “GIVING” …in whatever way possible… because who knows someday you may be in need of “receiving it back”. MERRY CHRISTMAS… LOVE, Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment