Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Excerpts from my Letter...


I wrote a friend and was letting her know how things were going in my life. She has been listening diary for me, so I thought I would share parts of this letter with you...

~~I want to tell you about my day which was one of those days that I should have just stayed in bed all day w/ the covers over my head ! I was out gathering and filling out applications all day. I took a break to go have lunch w/ a friend. As I was driving him home, I went to make a U-turn, and he fell out of the truck, because he hadn't shut the door right. I slammed on my brakes, because I was also afraid that I was going to run him over. By the time I got out of the truck and to the other side, he was UP...but his hand was all shredded, his knee was tore up, his pants were ripped at both knees and he was bleeding everywhere ! I felt so bad... I kept saying how sorry I was, and I started to cry. I took him home and got him cleaned up.

When I left there, I was still so upset by the TRAUMA. But, a little later, I ran into an old EX of mine who was able to make me feel better. We visited w/ each other until I had to go babysit. I left there with a "missing" in my heart and was thinking to myself, "I'll learn to be just friends... if I have to."

I enjoyed your letter, and I an glad you are in better spirits, and thank you for the pic. You lQQk great. I have shared it w/ some friends and family. I am excited for you about the girl and the poem. That is one reason why I like songs so much, because they always hit home w/ the way things are going in life and/or the way I am feeling. That's why I want to write lyrics or poems that would touch someone in someway. I am going to sigh off for now, but I 'll be back...

Well, guess who'sss Baaaccck ? ...How clever of you ! You are right... it's me, Teri ! I am sorry for not getting back in touch w/ sooner and that that made you feel alone and that no one cares. But, know that I do ! I really do miss you, and if it takes writing you EVERYDAY, I'd do it and believe me you are NOT forgotten. I just got off of the phone w/ your sister. Your family really misses you and say they will write you once a week ! Your mom and Gina talked about 5days ago and say they are going to do a better job of keeping in touch. Your sister, Jen, says she wants to write but struggles with it... You know, how there are some people who sit down to write but their minds just go blank, so don't think your mom and sister don't care... Because, they do !
Well, Gina has a nice home & is doing well financially, but I have realized that I will have to get some roommates.
Now, as far as me giving on you, where would you get a crazy idea like that ?!?! Teri, doesn't give up on anyone especially someone she cares about ! I mean, look at my mom, I haven't given up on her and that's gotta say a lot. And, you know I love her !

Well. I guess, it's just one of those days.... that's why I have been crying off and on. Maybe, I just need a good cry, but I just want to crawl back bed and start it over... good night and know that I am her for you... TTFN TTLY TTYL IHFY TRWL LOL
...May love go w/ you always !!~~
PS... Hurry home, I don't have anyone to sit on my lap or put my arm around someone who is half my size... LOL

Well Crap, I just saw your PS about not showing your pic to anyone. I am sorry about showing it to Willcott, Sheila, Jeff and Steve... ooops.~~

Well, here is the funny thing about this letter. It was written in Sept of 1980... Thirty years ago by me to a high school friend who was in the military at the time, with whom I am still friends with, and in fact we are planning our 30yr class reunion together with some others. That's how I got a hold of the letter. She brought it for us to read.

As we were reading this letter, we realized that not much as changed in my life. Things are pretty much the same for me then as they are for me today...

*Still looking for a job
*I have been surrounded by bloody TRAUMA... well at least with me and my pets...
*STILL ~...
learning to be just friends with my EX's if I have to~
*I am back to babysitting part time
*Still loving music, lyrics, poems & writing
*Still try to rally and keep everyone together
*Gina's got her own home and doing well financially... (Thank God for me)
*Still have roommates

*Teri, doesn't give up on anyone especially someone she cares about... even her mother
*Still crying off and on w/ rough days and wanting to crawl back in bed for a do-over
*Still have my own way of writing w/ my texting... LOL
*Still want, yet don't have, anyone to sit on my lap and put my arm around

In short, I know it's a bit late for that, my life has done a complete 360. As Robin pointed out, "The more things change, the more they stay the same"




No comments:

Post a Comment