Monday, March 22, 2010

Pre-blog writings... JC's nightmare



Well, here I go...
I let the dogs in.... and they started play like they ALWAYs do. I went in to my office to go get some office work done. Just as I sat down, I heard odd, loud sounds from the dog(s). I came running around the corner into my room and saw Derby shaking her head vigorously at JC's neck. I ran over to them to pull Derby off of JC but found that Derby's bottom jaw was trapped in JC's collar in a figure 8. Derby was trying to get free, but she was choking out JC !! I put my hand on the back of JC's collar to try and find the release clip on her collar... That’s when JC turn her neck and bit into my arm... I screamed like I have never screamed before. She wouldn’t release my arm, so I had to pull my arm free. She was scared... being choked out… and must have thought I was a part of all that.
Her teeth sliced across my wrist... blood was gushing out of my wrist… the dogs were still attached…. Derby still shaking her head trying to get lose…. JC was going limp from being choked. Derby then started dragging JC around the room, and JC was dying or was already dead… because, now she wasn’t moving all as she was being dragged and was having bowel movements all over the floor…
I could not do anything as ALL of this was happening…. I kept screaming and crying for Derby to stop, but she couldn’t… she was fighting for her life too. I had clutched my wrist with the hand that wasn’t injured to try and stop the bleeding. I was afraid I was going to bleed to death because of where the cuts were and all the blood from me that was everywhere, so I couldn’t physically help the dogs. I was scared for JC… for Derby…. And for myself… but could do NOTHING to help them !!!!
I finally got to a phone but had to try dialing the numbers with the hand that was tore up, because I couldn’t let go of my wrist with all of the bleeding. I finally got a hold of Carol (I had made some other phone calls too for help with the dogs… with no answers) While waiting for Carol… Derby finally got lose. She ran off, and JC wasn’t moving… I was crying, because I was heartbroken about the dogs and still scared for myself. I looked over at JC’s body again, and JC’s head was up with eyes open… I couldn’t believe it! She got up walked over to the bathroom area… but, she didn’t do anything else. I called for her, but she would come.
Carol got to my place called 911 for an ambulance. While we were waiting for them, Carol made some more phone calls for me to try and get some help for the dogs. She got a hold of Courtney. She and Patty came right over. Carol also call her partner, Cristi, and asked her and their friend Peter if they would come over while we were in the ER to clean up all the mess that was made by JC and me… and they did.
JC was having a hard time breathing, and she was throwing up blood. Courtney and Patty took JC to the vet… she is still there. She is still not doing well. when I called to check on her status, they were still wanting to keep monitoring her and to keep checking in on her. So, for the third time today, I called… they said the doctor was in a meeting and he is going to call me when he is done. Derby is having a tough time too... she hasn’t really been in the house much. She won’t come in from the kennel (except when I had her sleep with me last night and feed her this morning)
I want to thank all of my family and friends for all of their help… support …. Kindness…. And love. I don’t know what I would have done without all of you !!! “Thank you” doesn’t even come close to my gratitude !!

No comments:

Post a Comment