Thursday, May 13, 2010

Looking UP...

I lay with my back on the ground
as the grass tickles my legs
and the sun touches my skin

I feel warmth as it grazes my body
and know that the breeze is keeping it at bay
with a gentle glare as I first open my eyes

I recapture my sight
and as I look straight up
I am able to catch glimpses of what is in front of me

I see the sky filled with story book pictures
and can see the shape of a pup in all its playfulness
then, as I tilt my head I can see a lion as it roars

I look to the right
and see the clouds nuzzling themselves
as the sun is seeping thru each crack letting itself be known

I look to the left
and I see a blank canvas
as it waits to be filled with its next set of tales

I continue to lay here in anticipation waiting to see
and wondering what will be next
as the canvas is painted by the wind



No comments:

Post a Comment