Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day Dreaming















When trying to let go of the past
that's all that seems to consume me
and all that goes through my mind

Day dreaming of yesterday
thinking of that first kiss
and the first time three important words were felt

Day dreaming of those special days
when every minute was spent thinking of you
and always left me with a smile

Day dreaming of the swims we took in the river
and when feeling frightened

until you took a hold of me

Day dreaming of the special talks we had
and of the times when feeling so close
was when nothing was said at all

Day dreaming of the drives we took
when just sitting next to each other was enough
and how that it always brought us closer together

Day dreaming of the songs
that said what we wanted to say
and how they matched what we felt


Day dreaming of the nights that were spent
sitting in the park looking up at the stars
and sharing our love with each other

Day dreaming of the times
when you were there to hold me through the night
and the times we shared "I love you"

Day dreaming of you
my best friend, my lover, my "happily ever after"
and losing it all forever


Though we had it all... but just day dreaming

written: 10/15/84

No comments:

Post a Comment