Saturday, May 29, 2010

Growing Pains ...1/24/83








I've opened my eyes
to see what has happened
not seeing what I want
or what's in my heart
not letting my feelings blind me

but noticing the changes... the distance
and what is fact and truth
with two lives that were once shared
they have now parted
I am letting go

They call this growing... it hurts
and the growing pains are there
but if it will save the love
that this friendship once shared
then here is your growing space

While remembering...
the places that we've gone
the crying that was done
the laughs that we had
even when they were at each other
it brought smiles to our faces

Remembering...
the things that were shared
the special songs that were heard
that brought us closer together
and that will bring back
those special thoughts of one another

Missing you already my special friend
with the love that will always be there
even through the growing pains

No comments:

Post a Comment