Monday, April 12, 2010

BLACK... to home


With a black and wet sky
An even blacker, glassy road
The traffic is full
And no lines to be seen
Only black in my front sight
Off to my left are bright lights that blind
Windshield wipers on high
Yet not enough to clear the rain that falls
With both hands tightly on the wheel
All that is on my mind
Is my precious son at my side

Feeling slightly tense with this important life in my hands
Wanting to make sure I get him home safe
Wanting to make sure I do not make a mistake
I take in a deep breath and pray these words...

Dear Lord,
Watch over me, my passenger
And all those I pass by...
With a steady hand and a watchful eye
Giving us two angels in front
Two angels in back
And one angel on each side
To watch over us
...Guide us
...And protect us
Thank you, Amen

Feeling the tension drift from my shoulders
Yet still staying alert
I am breathing easier now, knowing...
This most valuable package will be delivered home to safety

No comments:

Post a Comment